The electric heater barbequed Tommy, the squirrel

I remember seeing so many squirrels in our compound growing up.

My mum loved plants and our house was like a small indoor forest.

Therefore, squirrels would confuse the outside from the inside and would sometimes come into the house. My brother and I enjoyed playing with the squirrels. Even though we enjoyed the tiny animals, they made a mess of our house and the cleaners were not too happy about it. They used to bring in dust and soil from the outside and dad had said that they might attract snakes. We had started smelling some weird odor and could not pinpoint the origin. One Sunday afternoon, we heard a loud noise and the electric heater shut down. The heating device was smoking so we decided to switch off all the units. When the a/c rep inspected the unit, he discovered that some rodents including squirrels and rats had crawled up the vents and built homes thus the smell. The air conditioning filter was filthy, to say the least. A squirrel had crawled into the gas furnace, caught in the wires, it was electrocuted causing the oil heater to blow up and stop working, Because of the issues with the menace of the rodents, my parents decided to install a radiant heater that was purchased from the heating business downtown. The boiler repair which was part of the quality AC service was executed and the climate control tool checked. During the cooling install, the serviceman realized that the vents of the indoor air cleaning system had to be cleaned as they were filled with rodent droppings. We were surely glad to have technicians who knew much more about HVAC as the work was completed within 3hrs.

Live link